Friday 3 October 2008

My journal day!

Yesterday I was inspired by blusheds journal day, so here's mine today, it will be my longest post ever!
Started by taking the girls to school in the freezing rain, but every cloud has a silver lining, and ours was a lovely rainbow arching into the sea!Took a photo of this gorgeous leaf that a girl in the village gave to me. Lovely colour. Checked out some blogs and had a cuppa tea! Inspired by Robins orange post so here's one of her cards with some of my grans orange fabric from the 1970s!Did some drawings for my new design and started it in illustrator. My brother rang for chat and then I went onto lynda.com to check out some techniques. I learnt how to make my own art brush! Then had to run to fetch my youngest who finishes school at lunchtimes until Xmas. (not alot of quality design time then!)After lunch Louisa hijacked my computer, so I made a start on a bag for my brothers girlfriend. As it turned into such a lovely afternoon we went down to the village for a wander before picking up Ruby. We went by the pond....okay so I did that especially so I could put our pretty little village pond on my blog!!
We popped into the local museum garden and found some great sculptures by a local artist Marion Briggs. Next stop to pick up Ruby and then off home, where....................... I'm now finishing my blog and will then proceed to make the dinner and all of that kind of palava that you have to get on with. I can actually see why I dont get much done now!

No comments: