Monday 2 June 2008

The birds and the bees.


This is my istock upload today, I will have to wait to see if it gets approved. I wanted the quick linear drawn effect to give it movement. Its in repeat and I'm getting used to the process a bit more now. Thanks so much to digital arts online! This fantastic article really showed me the best way to put a design into repeat using illustrator. Once its in repeat you can put it in your swatch palette and fill any shape you want with it. This would be great for garment shapes etc.

4 comments:

Diana said...

I can think of a million things I would make with this fabric. I like the free-form of the pattern. I'm going to check out that link for repeat patterns now. Thanks

kitty stitch said...

thanks diana :) I think you will like the tutorial too.

Sew Bettie said...

Thanks for the link to learn how to do repeats in Illustrator.

Steffi said...

Yes, I agree with Diana´s comment...